For many people, exam time is the most stressful part of the life. With so much riding on the outcome, there can be a high degree of pressure to perform well. Here are some exam preparation tips to help you excel in NDA exam.
The earlier you start, the more time you will have to prepare for the exam. So, you don’t have to wait until exam time approaches; try to set the stage from the beginning of the course by reviewing the material after each class. By starting early and studying on a regular basis, you will have a better opportunity to understand concepts and the information, moreover life will be a lot easier when it’s time to put it all together for the exam.
Make sure all of your course material is well organized so you can find and fill any gaps. If you miss any NDA Coaching classes in Chandigarh, get the notes from your friends right away instead of scrambling at the last minute. Proper organization will help you to get a better picture of the material that has to be covered and improve the flow of the study process.
Creating a Proper Study Plan
As the exam scheduled in September, you need to build a plan to help you study effectively and to minimize stress. Start by figure out how much time and effort you must dedicate to studying for the exam by finding the following answers:
• How much time is available?
• How important is the exam?
• What is your performance target for the exam?
• Quantity & quality of material do you need to cover?
• How difficult is the material?
• Do you have any other priorities during the study period?
• What is the format of the exam?
Here Are Some Tips to Follow in Creating Your Study Plan:
• Allocate the study time into several manageable study sessions;
• Divide the course material into small segments and assign them to the study sessions;
• Set clear and specific goals for the study sessions;
• Prioritize to ensure that material weighted more heavily in the exam gets sufficient study time;
• Take into account your familiarity with the material and the difficulty level;
• Don’t make the study sessions too long;
• Study sessions should have enough variety in terms of topics and activities to prevent boredom and loss of effectiveness;
• Avoid cramming before the exam; and
• Don’t forget to include regular breaks.
Studying for The Exam
You are now armed with a plan and ready to start studying for the NDA Entrance exam. Try to study in a location where you can concentrate and won’t be interrupted. You can work with others or join a study group if you find it helpful, but be careful to keep it from turning into an inefficient use of your time. Some proven study tools and methods are listed below – people respond to different learning styles, so use what works for you.
Revising with Summary Notes
Make a shortened version of your readings and class notes by creating summary notes. Pin down the key terms and concepts and make sure that you prepare them well. You can identify key terms and concepts by paying attention to what has been highlighted in your NDA Coaching classes, textbooks and course syllabus. For example, if a particular topic has taken up a lot of time in the classroom, it is more likely to be on the exam and you should have a good understanding of it.
Memorizing with Flashcards
Flashcards (or “index cards”) are a good memorization tool. Reduce your summary notes into bullet points, keywords, lists, formulas and figures and place them onto a card for each topic. The items on the flashcards act as memory triggers. By memorizing the flashcards you can enhance your skill to recall larger bits of information referenced by the triggers. You can carry the cards with you and review them even when you have only short bursts of time available.
Practicing Under Exam Conditions
Knowing the proper NDA Study material is necessary but not sufficient to guarantee success on the NDA Entrance exam – you also need to be able to communicate the answers effectively in exam. Rehearsal using sample questions or past years papers in the same format as the exam and answer them in a simulated test environment. The sample questions can be obtained from old exams and assignments or from NDA coaching institute, which are often similar from year to year with small changes. Even though you are only practicing, it is better to write full answers to the questions so you can work through the entire thought process.
Take Care of Yourself
Last but not the least don’t forget to take care of your health during the NDA exam preparation. It is very important to be in good mental and physical state for the exam day. Even a small amount of stress can get you panicked, but too much mental or physical strain can be harmful to your performance. The last thing you want to do is to sabotage your efforts by ignoring your well-being.
• After you complete your studying, take some time to relax.
• Don’t stay up too late if you can help it and try to get a good night’s sleep.
• Eating before the exam help in building your energy, but avoid heavy foods that can make you drowsy.
• Always carry positive attitude about the exam.
• Think of ways to demonstrate your knowledge and not as some imposing challenge.
• Go to the exam focused and relaxed – you have done the work, now it’s time to reap the rewards.