Well the question mostly arising on internet or in other words we could say the highest searching keyword on internet is about UPSC exam and UPSC syllabus. Aspirants who have applied for UPSC exam have some question so here we sought out some question and you will find out their answer along with.
Ques.1 What is the full form for UPSC exam?
Ans. The full form for UPSC exam is Union Public Service Commission.
Ques. 2 why they conduct this Civil services exam?
Ans. Union Public Service Commission conducts exams to fill various vacancies in civil services like IAS, IPS, IFS, IAAS and IRS and many more.
Ques.3 What is the age limit for form filling?
Ans. The age of the candidates must lie between 21 years – 40 years depending upon post applied.
Ques.4 what is UPSC Syllabus?
Ans. PAPER – I General Studies-I
PAPER- II General Studies-II
Ques. 5 what is UPSC exam pattern?
Ans. The exam is divided into three parts
Only after qualifying preliminary exam candidate will be eligible for Mains
Ques.6 From where I can get PCS study material?
Ans. To choose best PCS study material you can take help from your seniors or choose PCS Exam coaching in Chandigarh.
Hope you get some of your question to be answered. For more help you can visit to PCS exam coaching In Chandigarh.
All the Best for your Exam
|Name of the Question Paper||Number of questions||Total marks||Total time|
|CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)||200 (2.5 marks for each question)||2hrs.|
|General Study||100||200 (2 marks for each question)||2hrs.|
• UP PCS 2018 Mains will constitute of 8 question papers
• The 1st and the 2nd question paper will be of General studies.
• There will be 4 question papers of the two optional subjects which candidates have to choose from the list of subjects given in the official notification.
• Candidates will have to write 3 essays in the question paper of the essay writing.
• There will be the question paper of Hindi language too.
• Candidates need to qualify the question paper of the English language as well.
• All the mains question paper will be descriptive in nature.
There is no as such specific pattern and syllabus of the interview. Candidates must be aware of their surroundings, state and should have a good knowledge about contemporary issues. Candidate should be communicative during interview and must keep their views openly before the interview board.
PAPER – I General Studies-I
• Current events of national and international importance.
• History of India and Indian National Movement.
• Indian and World geography – Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.
• General Issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity, and Climate Change- that do not require subject spec
• Indian Polity and governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights issues etc.
• Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development Poverty Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
• General Science
PAPER- II General Studies-II
• General English
• General Hindi
• Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
• Decision making and problem solving.
• Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
• General mental ability
• Elementary Mathematics up to Class X level- Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, and Statistics.
Current events of national and international importance: – candidates should have a good knowledge about Current Events of National and International importance,
History of India and Indian National Movement: – In the Indian National Movement, the candidates are expected to have synoptic view of nature and character of the freedom movement.In History emphasis should be on broad understanding economic, social and political aspects of Indian history( growth of nationalism and attainment of Independence).
Indian and world Geography: – Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World involves World Geography only general understanding related to the Physical, Social & Economic Geography of India.
Indian Polity and Governance:-
Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc:- In Indian Polity, candidate economic and culture, questions will be tested, country’s political system including Panchayati Raj and Community Development and some special features of Economic policy in India and Indian Culture.
Economic and Social Development: –
Poverty, Inclusion, Sustainable Development, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc:- The candidates will be tested with respect to problems and relationship between Population, Urbanization and Environment. General issues on Environmental ecology, Climate Change & Bio-diversity –which do not require subject specialization. Only General awareness of the subject will be required and expected from the candidates.
General Science: –
Will cover general appreciation and understanding of Science including matters of every day observation and experience, as may be expected of a well educated person, who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline.
ELEMENTARY MATHEMATICS (UPTO CLASS X LEVEL)
Number systems: Natural Numbers, Integers, L.C.M. and H.C.F. of integers and their interrelationship Rational and irrational numbers, Real numbers, Divisors of an Integer, prime integers etc.
• Ratio and proportion
• Profit and Loss
• Speed, Time and Distance
• Simple and Compound interests
• Work and Time.
Factors of polynomials, L.C.M. and H.C.F. of polynomials and their interrelationship, simultaneous linear equations, quadratic equations & Remainder theorem.
Set Theory: Set null set, subsets and proper subsets of a set, operations (Union, Intersections, difference, symmetric difference) between sets, Venn diagram.
Constructions and theorems, rectangle, square, trapezium and circles, their perimeter and area, regarding triangle
Volume and surface area of sphere, right circular cylinder, right circular Cone and Cube.
Statistics:- Collection of data, Classification of data, tabulation, cumulative frequency frequency, frequency distribution. Representation of data – Measures of Central tendency: Arithmetic mean, Median and Mode, Pie chart, Bar diagram, histogram, frequency polygon, comulative frequency curves (ogives)
GENERAL ENGLISH (UPTO CLASS X LEVEL)
• Active Voice and Passive Voice.
• Parts of Speech.
• Vocabulary & usage.
• Idioms and Phrases.
• Transformation of Sentences.
• Direct and Indirect Speech.
• Punctuation and Spellings.
• Words Meanings.
• Fill in the Blanks.
सामान्य हिंदी (हाईस्कूल स्तर तक) के पाठ्यक्रम में सम्मिलित किए जाने वाले विषय
• हिंदी वर्णमाला, विराम चिन्ह
• शब्द रचना, वाक्य रचना, अर्थ,
• संधि, समास,
• विलोम शब्द,
• अनेकार्थी शब्द,
• पर्यायवाची शब्द
• मुहावरे एवं लोकोक्तियाँ
• तत्सम एवं तद्भव, देशज, विदेशी (शब्द भंडार)
• हिंदी भाषा के प्रयोग में होने वाली अशुद्धियाँ
• उ.प्र. की मुख्य बोलियाँ.
For more information you can visit here: http://www.delhicareergroup.com