The Republic of India is considered as one of the possible emerging superpowers of the world along with China, Brazil, Russia and European Union. Currently, only the United States fulfills the criteria to be considered a superpower. An extremely powerful nation, especially one capable of influencing international events and the acts and policies of less powerful nations.
Superpower status is achieved by combined means of technological, cultural, military and economic strength as well as diplomatic and soft power influence. Let us know how well India is doing in this sectors and understand how far we are from becoming a superpower.
Here are units ten of some Special Forces of Asian nation that shield our country and build Republic of India Mata proud.
1. The PARA Special Forces: Para (Special Forces) could be a Special Forces unit of the Indian Army’s Parachute Regiment tasked with missions like special operations, protest, surety rescue, counter-terrorism, unconventional warfare, special intelligence, foreign internal defense, counter-proliferation, counter-insurgency, ask for and destroy and personnel recovery. The unit’s heritage stems from war II, with the creation of the fiftieth Parachute Brigade in October 1941.
- 1971 Indo-Pakistan War
- Operation Bluestar 1984
- Sri Lanka 1987
- Operation Cactus 1988, Maldives
- Kashmiri hostage-taking, 4 July 1995
- 1999 Kargil War
- Operation Khukri 2000, Sierra Leone
- Operation Summer Storm 2009
- Ongoing Counter-insurgency Operations (COIN) in Jammu and Kashmir and the Eastern States
- Counter terrorist operation in Samba
- Counter insurgency operation in Myanmar 2015
- Surgical strikes in Pakistan-Occupied Kashmir 2016
2. MARCOS: MARCOS, previously named as Marine Commando Force (MCF), is that the Special Forces unit of the Indian Navy created for conducting special operations like Amphibious warfare, shut Quarter Combat Counter-terrorism, protest, Special intelligence, Unconventional warfare, surety rescue, Personnel recovery, Combat search and rescue, uneven warfare etc. The MCF is specially unionised, trained and equipped for the conduct of special operations during a maritime atmosphere. MARCOS is brief for Marine Commandos. The force has step by step non heritable expertise and a name for expertise over the 3 decades it’s been existing. The MARCOS area unit capable of enterprise operations all told sorts of parcel of land, however area unit specialized in maritime operations in Jammu and geographic region through the Jhelum stream and Wular Lake, a sixty five sq. km fresh lake. Some MARCOS personnel also are hooked up with the military special forces units conducting counter-terrorism operations within the space. MARCOS area unit wide feared among the terrorists, United Nations agency decision them “Dadiwala fauj”, which means the “Bearded army” owing to their bearded disguise in civil areas.
1 Operation Pawan
2 Operation Cactus
3 Operation Tasha 1991
4 Operation Zabardust 1992
5 UNOSOM II
6 Operation Rakshak
7 Operation Leech
8 Operation Swan
9 Kargil War
10 Protecting offshore oil rigs and platforms
11 Operation Black Tornado
12 Anti-Piracy 2008
13 Exercise Balance Iroquois 03-1/Vajra Prahar’ 2003
14 Malabar 05
15 Anti-Piracy 2008
16 Anti-Piracy 2011
17 Anti-Piracy 2013
3. Garud Commando Force: The Garud Commando Force is that the Special Forces unit of the Indian Air Force. it had been shaped in Gregorian calendar month 2004 and includes a current strength of roughly 1080 personnel. The unit derives its name from Garuda, a divine bird-like creature of Hindu Mythology. Garud is tasked with the protection of important Air Force bases and installations; search and rescue throughout peace and hostilities and disaster relief throughout calamities. Presently, Garuds area unit deployed in Congo as a part of the world organization peace keeping operations.
4. Ghatak Force: Ghatak Platoon, or Ghatak Commandos, could be a special operations capable army unit platoon. there’s one squad in each army unit battalion within the Indian Army. Ghatak could be a Hindi acceptation “killer” or “dangerous”. Their name was given to them by General Bipin Chandra Joshi. They act as troop and spearhead assaults prior the battalion.
5. COBRA Force: COBRA (backronym for Commando Battalion for Resolute Action) may be a specialised unit of the Central Reserve force (CRPF) of Asian country expert in guerrilla ways and jungle warfare. Originally established to counter the Naxalite drawback, elapid is deployed to handle any insurgent cluster partaking in asymmetrical warfare. presently listing 10 battalions, elapid is graded among one in every of India’s most full-fledged and sure-fire enforcement units.
6. Force One: Force One is Associate in Nursing elite commando force, that may be a specialised counter force unit to protect the metropolis metropolitan space, one in every of the biggest metropolitan areas within the world, shaped by Government of geographic region on the lines of National Security Guards (NSG). it absolutely was shaped below geographic region Police, as a response to the 2008 metropolis terror attacks and was commissioned 2 days before its 1st day, on the occasion geographic region Chief Minister Ashok Chavan, additionally set the inspiration stone of the Force One’s headquarters in metropolis. it absolutely was recently declared that one in every of their primary tasks are to safeguard the geographic region law-makers furthermore as many politicians among the state.
7. Special Frontier Force: The Special Frontier Force (SFF) may be a paramilitary special force of Asian country created on fourteen Nov 1962. Its main goal originally was to conduct covert operations behind Chinese lines within the event of another Sino-Indian War. The SFF is additionally called ‘Establishment 22′ or simply ’22’ attributable to its 1st military officer, Major General Sujan Singh Uban (Retd.) of Indian Army, United Nations agency accustomed be commander of twenty-two Mountain Regiment throughout war II, a Military Cross holder and a legendary figure within the British Asian country Army. Singh commanded the twenty second Mountain Regiment throughout war II in Europe and an extended vary Desert cluster Squadron (LRDS) in geographical area. primarily based in Chakrata, Uttarakhand, the force was anesthetise the direct supervising of the Intelligence Bureau, and later, the analysis and Analysis Wing, India’s external administrative unit.
8. National Security Guard: The National Security Guard (NSG) is Associate in Nursing Indian division unit below the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA). it absolutely was raised in 1984, following Operation Amsonia tabernaemontana and therefore the assassination of national leader, “for combating terrorist activities with a read to safeguard states against internal disturbances”. NSG is below the authority of Ministry of Home Affairs. but it’s not classified below the uniform word of Central Armed Police Forces. it’s a division mandate, and its core operational capability is provided by the Special Action cluster (SAG) that is drawn from the Indian Army. The Special Rangers cluster (SRG), the police element of NSG, that additionally handles high-up security, consists of personnel on deputation from different Central Armed Police Forces and State Police Forces. The NSG personnel area unit typically named within the media as Black Cats thanks to the black dress and fisher cat badge worn on their uniform.
9. The Central and State Armed Police Forces: The Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) refers to uniform word of 5 security forces in Asian country below the authority of Ministry of Home Affairs. they’re the Border private security force (BSF), Central Reserve force (CRPF), Central Industrial private security force (CISF), Indo -Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB).
10. The Special Protection group: The Special Protection Group (SPG) is “an armed force of the Union for providing proximate security to the Prime Minister of India, India Republic of Asian country Bharat Asian country Asian nation} and former Prime Minister of India and members of their immediate families where they’re.” it absolutely was shaped in 1988 by Associate in Nursing act of the Parliament of Asian country. Former PMs, their immediate relations, and relations of a serving Prime Minister could, if they select, decline SPG security.